Android has evolved with some handy backup tools. Yes, the cloud can backup some of your setting, contacts and installed apps but it just a list of things for the phone to download and change. Fortunately, Titanium Backup is such a third party application which can be used to backup all your important app data, system data and even WiFi password on your phone.
- A Rooted Android phone.
- Titanium Backup app installed on your phone.
- granted Root permission ( Titanium Backup application ).
follow these given steps to create complete backup –
1. Open Titanium Backup application on your phone.
2. Go to batch actions via the icon in the top left of titanium’s home screen.
3. As you can see that there are many options in “Batch actions” ( shown in above screen ). In Backup section, you can choose any actions according to your demand like Backup all user apps, Backup all system data, Backup all user app + system data ….
4. We are here for complete backup. So tap on RUN button in ‘Backup all user apps + system data’.
5. It will present you with several more option to refine exactly what you’d like to backup. You can unmarked unnecessary app or data.
6. Once you are satisfied with selection, tap on the green tick in the top right to begin the backup.
It will take a while especially if you have lots of large application installed.
If you have performed backups in the past and simply want to apps you have installed recently, the “Backup new user apps & newer versions” option on the Batch actions menu is the best choice.
One by One Backup
- Launch Titanium Backup application on your phone.
- Tap on Backup / Restore.
- Tap on any application to create that backup
- It will present some options on your screen then tap on Backup.
Titanium Backup have included a schedule backup option. Otherwise it’s tough to remember to make a backups every week or month.
How to use this feature
Firstly tap on the “schedules” tab on the main menu. It will show two options ‘Redo backups for modified data’ and ‘Redo backups for newer app versions’ on your screen.
The first on (Redo backups for modified data) will schedule backups only for app data which have been changed since the last backup. The second one (Redo backups for newer app versions) is probably the most important. It will backup any new apps, system data and update since the previous update.
Click edit to make changes into the schedule option. There are option to adjust time and date. when you want to generate backups. after that mark enable and Run.
Restoring from Backup
1. First of all open Titanium Backup application from your launcher screen.
2. Go to “Batch actions”
3. Here you can restore your backups in Restore section. There are multiple options to restore your backups but we will talk about some of the most actions. The first one is “Restore missing apps with data”. It will replace any content that is missing from your handset after wipe. The second one “Restore all apps with data” will replace any existing apps with the backed up versions of them created earlier.
4. Choose between one of them in multiple options, as you need to restore.
5. After choosing desired option, tap on RUN button. It will show you a app list where you can choose the apps which you want to restore.
6. Now tap on green tick.
It will take some time. Done ! you have restored the backup files.
Bloatware is all of the extra software applications that come pre-installed on your Android. If you are using latest Android OS then you have ability to disable these pre-installed applications but you can’t remove them permanently. These pre-installed apps are worthless part of your phone memory. Using titanium backup application, you can easily remove preinstalled apps by tap on the app which you want to uninstall in titanium backup.