The Indian government has taken a step to ensure that all individuals with an Aadhaar Card must have them linked to their personal bank accounts. There are many SBI Account Holder who want to link their Aadhaar Card Number to their SBI Account but they find it difficult to visit bank to submit aadhaar copy to update the same. So here I am going to provide all the complete procedure for linking the Aadhaar card Number with the SBI account. Just follow the simple steps given below to link your Aadhaar card number with your state bank of India Account.
Link Aadhaar Card Number to SBI Bank Account online
To link your Aadhaar Card to your SBI Bank Account, you will require access to internet banking.
- If you are an internet banking user, then you can log into www.onlinesbi.com and access the link “Link your Aadhaar number” under “My Accounts”, appearing on the left panel of the screen.
- On clicking the above link, you will redirect to Aadhaar registration page, where you have to select the account number & fill your Aadhaar number twice and click on submit button.
- After that you will receive OTP (One Time Password) by SMS on your registered mobile number.
- Submit this otp code in the next screen.
- Done ! you have successfully registered your adhaar number to your bank account. Now you just need to wait till bank approve it.
Link Aadhaar Card Number to SBI Bank Account through SMS
To link your aadhaar number to SBI bank account through sms, your mobile number must be registered with SBI bank account.
- If your mobile number is registered with the Bank, then you can send SMS to 567676 in the following format UID(space)Aadhaar number(space)Account number
- If the mobile number is not registered or in case the Aadhaar is already linked to Account, an SMS reply will be sent to you.
- If your mobile number is registered with the Bank, you will receive an SMS confirmation of the seeding request.
- The Aadhaar number will be verified by Bank with UIDAI. In case it fails verification, SMS will be sent to Customer to contact any SBI branch along with Aadhaar number or e-aadhaar.
Link Aadhaar Number to SBI Via ATM
This is one of the simplest way to link your Aadhaar Card to your SBI Bank Account, follow these given steps to link your Aadhaar Card to your SBI Account-
- Visit the nearest SBI ATM.
- Swipe your ATM Card & Enter your 4 digit ATM PIN.
- Once you will enter the ATM PIN then you need to select the “Service Registration” option from the screen.
- Then select the “Aadhaar Card” registration option.
- After that you need to select the account type i.e Saving Account or Current Account.
- Then you will be asked to enter the “Aadhaar Card Number”. You will be prompted to re-enter the same So you need to enter the Aadhaar Card Number twice.
- Now you can link the Aadhaar Card Number with your SBI Account via ATM also.
So by following above several ways, you can link your Aadhaar Card Number with your SBI Bank Account.