Many low-level tweaks can normally only be performed on Android by flashing custom ROMs. The Xposed Framework allows you to modify your existing system without installing a new custom ROM. All it requires is root access.
Installing Xposed framework on Lollipop is currently a simple method. You have just need rooted device and a third party custom recovery environment should be installed before in your android phone.
Custome recovery environment (TWRP)
A custom Recovery environment is a third party Recovery environment. By flashing it, you can replace the default stock recovery environment with a third-party customized recovery environment.
Custom Recovery Environment like the Team Win Recovery Project (or TWRP) do the same things as Google’s default recovery mode. However it allows you to make backups, install ROMs, root your phone, and do a heck of a lot more. So if you’re looking to heavily tweak your phone, you’ll probably need one.
- Enable ‘Unknown Sources’ in the settings of your Android phone.
- Download the Xposed installer apk file
- Xposed Install 2.1.4 ZIP (Place this file on your Phone’s internal storage)
- Battery power should be minimum 50%
How to Install Xposed Framework on Your Android Phone
1. Firstly install Xposed Installer on your Android phone by downloaded above apk file.
2. open the Xposed Installer app, After installing it. You will get a prompt to grant Superuser permission in few seconds. Then tap on allow.
3. Now we’ll need to Reboot into recovery mode to install the zip file.
Do the following to enter recovery-
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold Volume Down and Power button to boot into HBOOT.
- Keep pressing these keys until recovery mode menu is being displayed.
4. we are ready to flash the zip file. Now tap on install.
5. Now go where you place the Xposed install zip file and select it.
6. Now uncheck the box and swipe pointer to install.
7. Reboot when it’s finished.
Done! You have successfully installed the Xposed framework on your android phone.
How to install Modules correctly
There are two main places to get Xposed Modules.
To install a module, you’ll need to download one from one of the sources above. They will be packaged as an APK file. When you install the module, you will immediately get a notification telling you to activate the module. Now go to module section in the Xposed Installer app where you can manage and activate/deactivate modules.
Tap the box to active or deactivate the module and reboot to complete the process.
Getting Rid of Xposed
Let’s say you don’t want Xposed anymore, there’s an easy way to get rid of it. Just do the following.
- Open the Xposed Installer app.
- Tap Uninstall.
- Tap Clean up.
- Reboot the device.
- Uninstall the Xposed Installer and any modules you have installed.
If it’s working for you then like and share it whit your friends, give your feedback in comments. Thank you!