A custom Recovery environment is a third party Recovery environment. By flashing it, you can replace the default stock recovery environment with a third-party customized recovery environment.
Custom Recovery Environment like the Team Win Recovery Project (or TWRP) do the same things as Google’s default recovery mode. However it allows you to make backups, install ROMs, root your phone, and do a heck of a lot more. So if you’re looking to heavily tweak your phone, you’ll probably need one.
What is TWRP
Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP), is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touch screen enabled interface which allows users to install third-party firmware and backup the current system, which are often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices. source wikipedia
- Rooted Android phone. (How to Root Your Android Phone)
- Mobile uncle tools – installed on your Android Phone
- Mobile uncle tools has been granted SuperSu permission
- TWRP.img file – click here to download recovery.img file
How to Flash TWRP recovery environment
The main thing is your device should be rooted otherwise you can not install custom Recovery by this method. Here we will show you to install TWRP recovery environment in your android phone. So follow these steps to flash TWRP-
1. First of all install Mobile uncle tools in your Android Phone.
2. Download TWRP.img file (for particular device). After downloading TWRP.img file, just copy and paste it in your sd card.
3. Now launch the mobile uncle tools application and click on Recovery Update option
4. Now it will find the recovery.img file automatically
5. After tap on the recovery.img fle, it will present you with a new dialog box “Are you sure flash recover !” just click Ok
6. Again click OK to reboot in recovery mode. It will take a while so don’t worry about that.
That’s all ! you have done. Your installation has completed.
To check custom recovery environment, reboot your phone in recovery mode by pressing power button and volume up button at same time for few seconds.
Mostly in Samsung phones you have to Power off your phone (don’t reboot it, turn it off completely). After that, press and hold the Power, Volume Up and Home buttons at the same time. Keep pressing these keys until recovery mode menu is being displayed.
Now enjoy your touch based custom recovery on your Android Phone.