ISO images are self-contained, perfect representations of the data on a disc. Being single files, they’re easier to store and organize than outright copies of the folders and files on a disc would be.
Windows doesn’t have a built-in way to create ISO files, to actually create an ISO file from your own physical disc, you’ll need a third-party program. There are lots of tools that can do this.
Creating an ISO file from any disc is pretty easy with the right free tool. So here you will get a perfect tool to create ISO image file from a disc.
Creating an ISO image file from a DVD, CD, or BD disc is easy but could take anywhere from a few minutes to over an hour, depending on the size of the disc and the speed of your computer.
How to Create an ISO Image File
By following these given steps, you can easily create an ISO image file from a disc –
1. Download BurnAware Free version software from here.
2. Install this software on your Pc.
3. Now run BurnAware program on your pc.
4. Go to Disc Image section and click on Copy to ISO (copy disc to disc image).
5. It will be shown you a new window where you have to choose the CD/DVD location. If you only have one drive, you’ll only see one choice.
Note – Disc must be pre-inserted
6. Click on the Browse button and navigate to the location where you want to write the ISO image file and put a suitable name for that ISO image file. Then click or tap on Save.
7. After that click or Touch copy.
8. Wait while the ISO image is created from your disc. You can watch the progress by keeping an eye on the Image progress bar.
9. ISO creation process is complete once you see the Copy process completed successfully box.
Done! You have successfully created the ISO image file from a DVD, CD, or BD. The ISO file will be named and located where you decided in Step 6. After getting your ISO files, you can copy them to a computer’s hard drive, store them on a USB drive, or make them available on the network.